One of the principals of Rotary is service to our community and to the world. The Rotary Club of Orlando and our Rotary Club of Orlando Foundation are proud to contribute to our community in the following ways.
- We have contributed funds that have provided for the construction of 21 African School Classrooms.
- We have provided funds and hands-on support to three Orlando Title I Elementary Schools to create extra-curricular literacy program
- We organize book fairs and donate grade-appropriate books to the three Title I elementary schools so students may have their own books to read at home.
- We have contributed $10,000 to a Rotary Global Grant to correct cleft lip and palates in Mexico
- We have contributed $10,000 to a Rotary Global Grant for Ethiopian Girls School Classrooms
- We have contributed $23,630 to the Rotary International Foundation program for world-wide eradicate of polio
- We provide three two-year college scholarships ($6,000 each) to local graduating high schools seniors to attend Valencia College
- We sponsor both inbound and outbound high school students participating in international exchange programs for a year of study in a foreign country
- We conduct the annual Great Orlando Swan Boat Race to raise money and collect gently used books for A Gift For Teaching to provide books and school supplies to teachers free of charge for their classroom use.
- We Volunteer as “bell ringers” for the annual Salvation Army Christmas bell ringing to collect funds for their important work.
- Direct Grant to Central Florida Leadership Academy Orlando
- Direct Grant of support to Grace Medical Home
- Direct Grant of support to Friends of Fisher House of Orlando
- Direct Grant of support to Junior Achievement Orlando
- Direct Grant of Support to Childrens’ Home Society Orlando
- Direct support to Ivey Lane Elementary School food panty
- Direct supporting gift to “A Gift for Teaching”
Total Philanthropic Giving 2018-2020 = $111,395.